Recommended resources for parents, teachers or other concerned citizens trying to understand gender dysphoria, ROGD or gender identity.
The detailed report “I thought I was Transgender” by Radio-Canada. This is the only mainstream media report we’re aware of in Canada that exposes the debate about transgender healthcare practices and digs into the phenomenon of detransitioners. Use Google Translate to read the article in English.
- Transgender Trend – UK based organization helping to expose evidence-based research and the impact of gender ideology on youth, schools and women’s rights
- Society of Evidence-based Gender Medicine – a new group of international experts committed to the curation and review of objective research and evidence on treatment options for gender dysphoria
- Post-Trans – an amazing collection of quick, visual stories from detransitioners
- Detransitioner Advocacy Network – just what it says – European based with a growing reach
- GNC Centric YouTube Channel – great interviews and insights on detransitioning from Canadian @gnc_centric
- Pique Resilience Project – a support group for young adults who have detransitioned
- Parents of ROGD Kids – a support group and blog for parents with a child who has been affected by the new phenomenon of Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Health Query – a resource and community of LGBT people trying to prevent the over-medicalization of gender non-conforming youth
- Fair Play For Women – a UK organization fighting for the protection of women’s sports and the rights of women and girls
- Feminist Current – Canadian Feminist website founded by gender critical activist Meghan Murphy
- 4th Wave Now – a resource of many excellent blogs written by researchers, physicians and parents concerned about the medicalization of gender non-conforming youth
Resource Pack for Schools
We recommend Transgender Trend’s school resource pack – supporting gender diverse and trans-identified students in schools. Downloadable here.
We’ll be creating a Canadianized version of this. Please contact us if you’d like to participate or help with the provincial legislation sections.
A new Parent Resource Guide is available for the US. Downloadable here.
Useful Points of View from Medical Professionals and Therapists
The Society of Evidence-based Gender Medicine is newly formed in 2020 and will be providing an independent point of view on the trend of gender identity medicine around the world.
Dr Debra Soh – particularly this WrongSpeak interview with Dr Susan Bradley, former Chief of Psychiatry at Toronto Sick Kids Hospital and founder of the Gender Identity Clinic.
GD Working Group – Pediatric and Adolescent Gender Dysphoria Working Group
Gender Dysphoria Resource for Providers – A collection of latest research compiled by Dr. William Malone, MD and Endocrinologist
Dr Ken Zucker Clinic – former Director of the CAMH Gender Identity Disorder Clinic private practice
Inspired Teen Therapy – US based therapist Sasha Ayad offers insightful tips for working with gender dysphoric youth
Lisa Marchiano – Blog site of US based Jungian psychoanalyst who offers deep insights into the individual complexity involved in helping gender dysphoric youth